Saturday, May 31, 2008

Princess

I finally got to see Princess at her home! I had wanted to go get her last weekend, but she said she had to get approval from her probation officer first and it being a long weekend, she couldn't be reached. Then she found out when she saw her during the week that she is on level 3 meaning that she can't go anywhere. So I went to her place. It was weird as always when I'm at her place. She didn't really visit or talk with me. When her sister was there, she talked some since her sister is very social and helped her with relational cues like: tell her what you learned at TYC... Then Princess told me how she learned to manage her anger and not yell at the kids that then she can not build relationship with them. She also said that she already has 21 credits toward graduating and the only thing she lacks in her history credit. I'm not sure how all that happened because she has difficulties with simple reading and math, unless she has made quantum leaps in learning since I've helped her with school type work. But she excitedly talks about how TYC will pay for 2 years of going to the community college here and of wanting to get her life on track. I told her I'd keep her to her promise of opening up to me and that I'd visit her at her home until we could go out together. At the end she was watching some smut TV and I told her I may as well go home. Agent B reminded me that she hasn't seen tv much in the last couple of years, so it is an alluring vortex for her to be sucked into.

No comments: