Thursday, December 18, 2008

Big Buddy/ AKA Obiwan

We got to visit our neighbor and friend in the hospital today after his second leg amputation. He had the other over a year ago I guess. This one doesn't seem to have taken quite as well it seems as he has had to receive blood, but his spirits are still up. He says he gets a visitor whenever the pain gets really bad and he needs someone to talk to, so that is amazing that the lover sends someone over just as he needs a friend. Today he was teasing the nurses as usual. They were trying to make his bed more comfortable as it keeps bunching all up on him and he told one of the nurses that his foot was on the floor. Of course he doesn't have any feet anymore, but she quickly tried to shift around his stump until she saw that he was laughing. The kids colored him a card while we visited and he said how he wished he had some colors up there to mess around with- well what do you think is wrapped under our tree for him? The CEO is so cool at times it just blows my mind.

He gave me a couple of dreams last night too, reassuring me about our walk in life outside of church walls and another about a big Christmas gift issue for the kids. I had barely realized that I was stressing about these and hadn't prayed really for direction, but when I awoke this morning, I saw that He was showing me truths about these situations, direction and assurance so that I would have peace. Who am I that He would go through all this effort to calm my heart when I hadn't even asked Him to? So generous, so merciful, so gracious and loving... that He is.

No comments: