Sunday, February 15, 2009

baby power

I'm so in love with our new baby! What is it about babies that make you just want to hold them and stare at them all day long? She loves to look at me and me at her. The kids and Agent B are just as taken by her. I keep looking at her and wonder what she is thinking- since she does not have language yet, is it just feelings of love, peace, contentment, discontent... that wash over her? Awe at the colors, textures, new sights, sounds, smells...?

The CEO is so cool to think this all up. And each time I have a baby, I am in awe that the Lover came in this form. So helpless, so dependent, so small and incapable- but already totally changing the world by his very existence and putting Joseph and Mary's lives in upheaval as a baby has ours, yet alone God in baby form! Can you imagine how nervous they were? All of history hinged on this little baby's growing up, surviving death threats, the weather, sickness, jealous siblings and critical tongues...

No comments: