Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The good, the bad and the ugly


The good:


I got a phone call from Princess! OK, so I was her 3rd choice, her mom and sister weren't home and she gets one 5min. call once/month and had to call someone and I made the cut! It was so good to hear her voice. She says they march a lot and she's still on phase 0 with no privileges. I don't know how that meshes with her family saying she is doing wonderful there. I'm thinking she would have been upgraded by now. Although she said she'd been there 7 months, it's actually been about 3. She has a really poor concept of time. Maybe we can go out to see her. She said she hasn't written because she doesn't get very many writing privileges, but that she had gotten my letters. I know there is more behind it than that, but I don't care, I got to hear her voice!!! We love her. May she find realness and true freedom.

The bad:

I stink at generosity. The kids had way too many clothes, more than they could wear, and I found a neighbor whose kids needed some clothes the same size as mine. Then I found myself picking through clothes past my favorites and ones we always put on them to the least used or least favorites. Meanwhile, I'm thinking about God's gift of His One and Only, Perfect, Loved Son. He gave His best. Help me Lover to do as you have and consider others above myself.

The ugly:



OK, so that was a freeby.

1 comment:

Donna G said...

But it was real ugly....