Friday, April 13, 2007

Tuckered out


I imagine that our family's guardian angels are a little tuckered out of late. It's easy when things aren't going right to focus on the negative, but lately I've noticed how we have been given so much grace, and much of it, just in time.

AO#2 has been dealing with constipation issues for quite a while. I tried changing her diet and asked the CEO for help in it. Then, after having talked with family who identified with her troubles since it was something that ran in the lineage and even caused a death in a young cousin (yep, that's what they said!) the agent and I prayed together against generational issues, this one in particular and asked again for her healing. I've waited now a couple of weeks in order to make sure it wasn't just a fluke, but the diaper right after that prayer and every one since has been remarkably better. All thanks to the Lover. Again, I can't explain why sometimes our prayers are answered or why us, but I am just thankful, ever so thankful.

AO#1 and I were having a bad time at a store, he was horrible, horrible, absolutely awful. I was not very good at dealing with him either- threatening spankings or removal from the store and not following through, bribing with candy... I'm not a very good shopper and it was taking WAY too long for him. But I was so thankful to him and the CEO when the next two stores he was patient and cooperative. We were all tired heading home when I almost got in a wreck. In the instant when I swerved to miss the car, I felt that sense that others were helping us. Then that night, AO#2 fell off a chair hitting her head (she's only 9 months). Again we prayed protection over her (and checked her a couple of times since she slept abnormally long), but she is wonderfully fine. Again I felt that we had a near miss with catastrophe and yet we were spared that grief.

The next day, AO#2 had a check-up appointment, but I thought I should have AO#1 checked too, since his cough had a rattle to it. I wouldn't have normally taken him in, but since I was already there, I thought it wouldn't hurt. To my surprise, we found out he has a double ear infection. I would have never known, until it was much worse, and am so glad I just had that sense to have him checked.

So many things out of my control and yet we have felt guided, carried and helped along, by powers greater than our own.

And we are ever so thankful.

3 comments:

trish said...

I get the sense that angels never tire. Loving your family is not heavy or difficult for them. It is natural for the Lover's Angels to minister to you in your times of need. It in innate response. We humans are so limited in our vision supernaturally. I believe if we could allow ourselves to "see" more we would be free to experience the outpouring of grace, mercy, love more readily. In the medical realm there are things that create conditions for responses to occur with less resistance, like aspirin thinning the blood to allow easier flow through the vessels. Faith, prayer, chosen life, seeking Him, walking with Him, all yield a natural affinity for the Angels to dwell close to you. Happy to hear your good news.

agent wife said...

I agree that they probably don't have "tired" as we do, but they do have busy days and not so. I used the expression thinking back to a painting I thought would be good, of some cool, relaxed skateboarders hanging out visiting and their worn angels catching their breath all splayed out on a bench. I think so many times we waltz through life not even thinking to all the help we have gotten, often unbeknownst to us.

trish said...

Great visual. You are an artist.