Sunday, March 2, 2008

Princess visit

I've been feeling for some time that I needed to go see Princess again and thought this would be the weekend, but I had something going on with work Sunday when I usually go, so I thought I'd head out Sat. I called her parent's to see if they wanted to come. I've taken the kids and Agent B the last two times. I had no idea that it was all pre-arranged by the Lover. It didn't dawn on me until we were on our way, visiting and catching up. Princess' mom said, today would have been Kissy's 17th birthday (Princess' best friend, murdered some 7 months ago). Her mom told me that when she talked with Princess on the phone earlier in the week, she was so glad we were coming and said that if she was out "in the free" she would have bought flowers and put them on her friend's grave. She says that Kissy visits her in her room at juvenile and in her dreams. Loosing someone we love is undoubtably one of the worst things on this earth, but it also helps us see that the other side is not so far from us, that the spirit realm is real and true and that it's important to value friends, family, life.

I keep praying that Princess' commitment to the Lover grows deeper and helps her overcome her tremendous obstacles. I was not disappointed. She asked if we knew why God could forgive all our sins and told us it was because of love. She told us how she stood up in group and told everyone that while she could not forget how her mother's friend had raped her, she does forgive him. Princess just got her credit for her Social studies class (one of her hardest classes) and was talking about getting into a class to get her ready for GED classes. She only has 2 of the 22 credits she needs to graduate, but talked of going to college. I don't know if that will be possible for her, she has major problems reading due to dyslexia and can barely add/subtract/multiply, but it was so incredible to hear her talking about her future for the first time ever, making plans and realizing that she can make positive steps toward a better life than she has known. We got our picture taken by the guard for a scandalous price, but now her face is beaming at me from our fridge.

There are so many forces that want to keep Princess trapped in horrid abuse (including her biological dad) who she refused to see when he came to visit her at juvenile. But she is learning to live in love and life, to stand up for herself without trampling all over others.

On a funny note. I found out that one of her sisters got married to her boyfriend- the father of her two children, but that since he is locked up, her twin sister had to stand up for him by proxi. I'm sure that was a weird ceremony. I take it they skipped the part about kissing the bride and the honeymoon. It is a beautiful thing to see sisters so supportive of each other. They live together taking care of each other's kids and sharing resources. I hope that Princess will transition well back into the mix when she gets home some day.

No comments: