Sunday, October 26, 2008

chance happenstances

I had a huge longing to know how Princess was doing, but didn't feel like I should try to contact her, that it's important that if there is a move to be back in relationship, that it would come from her. I knew her birthday was coming up and wondered about her and her aunt. I had a car full of kids and an errand to do- I had planned to make lasagna and was out of noodles! So I hauled them in the store and went down the only aisle I needed and there she was! Princess and her family picking out pasta. My heart soared to see her and I gave her a hug and asked her how she was and how her aunt was. She said she was "busy" looking for a job (it's been a 9 month search so far) and that her aunt is better. I was just so thankful to see her. I wish there was more victory in her life and pray that there will be a day when she walks in the life of the Lover. I was so thankful for this "chance happenstance" just to see her and for my heart to be somewhat at ease.

Grandma Nelly and I took the kids to see our friend at a nursing home North of here and it was a good thing we went that day too, since we found out she had been in the hospital. We've told them to inform us if she is put in the hospital so that we can go out to see her, but her nursing home never does. She has no family and gets really upset being in the hospital. We were glad by another "chance happenstance", we ran into her social worker while there. The woman really seemed to care for our friend and offer her love and real attentive care to her.

I was proud of Meshell the other weekend. We had invited her and her son to AO#1's party and that day she called me for a ride, as I had expected. I told her that she needed to walk. It is a good little hike, but I've done it numerous times with small kids in strollers or wagons and the weather is not a discouragement here. Plus I know that she has walked to the convenience store not too far from us and we were just swamped with all the preparations. I was fully expecting that she wouldn't come, but they did! Sometimes it's hard to know when to help and when to just spurr her on to be independent.