Friday, January 9, 2009

My little worship leader

Yesterday, AO#1 lead me in worship several times without him knowing it or making a big religious production- just in the simple beauty of a 4 year old who is so free and natural to love.

At breakfast, out of the blue, he just said "God, I love you". Then went on to eat his cereal. I was surprised by this sudden statement and just sat soaking it in and echoing it in my heart.

Then at night time, when I sing a special song over each of my kids, he said that he wanted to sing me a song, but he said he didn't know how it went. I started to sing our "visitor's song" and he said, "no, not that one, I want to sing my song over you". The songs I sing are based on words spoken over my children when they were dedicated as babies, so they are filled with dreams, faith, love and the CEO's promises. I sang it again, but this time thinking of it as my song and it was so amazing. Sometimes it is so easy to speak the Lover's promises over others, but hard to appropriate them as our own. It really blessed me tremendously and helped me see myself as a child before the Father, just like my son, who is being rained down upon with the boundless love of heaven.

Then, AO#1 said he wanted to sing a song to Jesus and made up the most gorgeous song that I'm sure I'll never hear again this side of heaven. I hope the Lover "recorded" it, because I'd love to hear it again some day. AO#1 was singing his love for Jesus and the Holy Spirit, saying they are in his heart and how wonderful they are. It was such an incredible moment.

Now, before you think our day is filled with such amazing instances, I have to tell you the rest of AO#1's day was that of a typical 4 year old, including defiance, tears, fights and all the rest- which is also lovely about the kingdom. Just like we take our children in all their glory and horror, so does the lover take us with all the beauty we can offer him, forgetting and cleansing us of the rest.

No comments: