Thursday, January 8, 2009

Something good

The kids and I made books and did activities based on 1 Cor.13 this last year. I never noticed how much this "love" chapter is based on what NOT to do. I had to try to be creative to find pictures depicting the right way to love. On the page- love does not delight in evil- we glued a cartoon character who looked very mischievious. When explaining it to the kids I told them that the man is saying "I'm going to do something bad" and that we should be like that. Well, being toddlers, the kids took this page on as their motto and invented an "I'm going to do something bad" song, that they loved to sing, much to my horror.

AO#1 was singing it the other day, when we took out our books and were looking at them. I told him (again) that we don't want to do bad, but good and suggested he change his song to "I'm going to do something good" (and added verses like- "go away yucky spirit, I don't want to do something bad, I want to do something good"). Well, it worked!! AO#1 started singing for the yucky spirit to go away, sang that he was going to do something good, then ran to his room and got a teddy bear to give to his sister singing all the while "I'm going to do something good, I'm going to be generous". It's so amazing when they get it and find joy in allowing the Lover to move through them.

1 comment:

Leanne Stewart said...

YOU'RE so amazing for instilling this in them, Angela.