Wednesday, August 15, 2007

the princess files

There is something terribly wrong. A singular event keeps coming up over and over in Princess' life. I thought she'd talked about it. I thought someone knew what has happened to her, I mean more than just her and the perpetrators. But I'm finding out, she doesn't talk about stuff to not only me, but neither to her mom or either of her sisters. I started digging a little the other day. No one knows what happened that day, the day she got a record, the day she was accused when she should have been defended. I'm not saying she's all innocent, but that something critical happened. She refuses to talk about it. I may have clues and the wherewithal to figure out a little. I realized that I have bits and pieces that were unknown to others in the family. Revelations are being made to add to the picture. CEO direct this search for the truth. There is a little girl lost inside princess who needs to find a way home.

I've never told Princess the pieces I know about, because I was hoping that she would open up. She hasn't, in 9 years she's locked off the world, friends, her family to what is hurting inside. I'm wondering if I should start laying down my cards and showing her that I'm not the idle ignoramus she thinks I am, that I know some of what has been going on. I'm afraid she'll shut down even more or feel threatened and back away... but then again, there's not much depth to our relationship anyways. Will she trust me with her heart? Her story? Will she have the courage to face it herself?

She's supposed to write her life story and present it. So far, she's mentioned all sorts of stuff around her (murders and such) that have occurred in her hood and was told by her case worker that she was lying. In essence, she's failed this portion of her progress and can't move on until she starts sharing about what has happened to her to make her who she is now. I'm realizing that she's never opened up that part of herself to anyone. She may have even shut herself off from it. Lord help us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to find the "Frisbee" video you mentioned earlier. Did you rent it from Hollywood or Blockbuster? I have checked with them and they don't seem to have it. Do you know where I can get it?

Agent B said...

The only way to get it is to purchase it here:

http://www.lonniefrisbee.com/store/

It's not for rent anywhere that I know of.

Someone here in the blog world lent it to us...