Friday, November 16, 2007

His mysterious ways

Secret Agent B's boss from the tree and pruning service is out of town- so no work. The supplier for him and Jack of all trades is also gone- so no work. Meanwhile, unexpected pay has come our way. A friend short changed me on some money last week when I babysat for her and I didn't want to call her on it. Agent B and I agreed I should just bring it up if she called me again to babysit. She called Sunday night. Her regular sitter was back from vacation, but was throwing up and she needed me another day. So I brought up the missing money. The next day, I got paid for that day, the missing money from the week before and she gave me flowers too. Then a friend wanted me to cut her hair and insisted on paying. I think it's fun to cut hair and I'm glad she likes how I cut it. (No I'm no hairdresser, by any means, although I got to be one with the Izzy group. That was totally fun- except the time when one of our regulars came in drunk with his head half shaved in splotches- that was funny and kind of sad).

So, today, I'm at the grocery store and run into a friend from our church and Izzy days. We visited and caught up on how her kids are. Later, she finds me again and starts telling me she wants me to buy a gift for AO#2- that she missed her birthday. (She's not at all close to us, so this is just super nice of her). I notice she has her hand out a little and is trying to slip me money. She asks about our common friend Jane, who was a "client" of Izzy. She is now in a nursing home, where GrammaYA, the kids and I visit her. Former church friend, with tears in her eyes explains that she just appreciates what we do- that not everyone can do it and she's glad we do.

My heart goes out to her. She loves the CEO and I believe wanted to serve a lot more and minister to the poor, but her husband is not a believer and already resisted her even attending church services with their kids yet alone branching out to do more. She was always generous to Jane, giving her gifts and sitting with her at club meetings. Her giving to us and loving us, was her way of reaching out to and loving Jane, who she can no longer go to see.

May the CEO set her family free to serve him wholeheartedly that this lovely woman may grace the lives of all those he sets on her path, husband included.

And thanks Lover of our souls for all this unexpected provision- another reminder that you are there for us through it all and that you do work in mysterious ways.

No comments: