Friday, July 6, 2007

Fran and healing


I met Fran at Freida's birthday bbq last weekend. Her life is like so many of Frieda's friends: filled with loneliness. She is in her late 60s. From what I've figured out, she's had 3 kids, 2 boys and 1 girl. The daughter was drugged, raped and dropped off at a hospital in town and died at age 16, but I think she already had a daughter. Fran doesn't know where her sons or granddaughter is. Her one wish is to find all or even one of her children or grandchildren before she dies. I think Fran is killing herself with alcohol. She got sick drunk at the party and the reason we got to know each other some is that I sat with her and gave her a ride home. She is very taken with our kids and like many people when they get drunk, was evaluating her life. She kept saying how drinking will get her nowhere, and would just make her sick.

We offered to make some searches on the internet for her since she was wanting to do that, but didn't know how to work a computer, so I've gotten to talk with her some since the party. She still feels really sick and I feel for her, because I was sick all of yesterday and some the day before.

As I was laying on the couch yesterday, the scripture where the Lover says get up and walk came to mind, but I didn't feel like it. Then I thought of the story of Naaman (2K.5) where he didn't want to do what it took to be healed. Later that night, after a friend told me that it sounded like I might have an inner ear infection, I repented to the Lover and asked his forgiveness for my lack of obedience, then I felt like he said "this is how it's done now" and I saw a picture of him putting his fingers in my ears. Immediately, I started to feel my left ear pop and pop and pop. It did some again this morning too and I've felt so much better.

Fran called this morning. She's still feeling horribly sick and I just knew within me that it doesn't have to be that way, but when I started to tell her about what happened to me, she wasn't even listening and just talked over me.

Father, open her ears as you did mine that she too may receive healing in the physical, emotional and spiritual.

I can not imagine the pain that she has suffered. Only the CEO can touch and bring relief to that kind of hurt.

1 comment:

Leanne Stewart said...

I keep coming back to this yet find I have nothing. This is just too big and too hard and too real and too wonderful to be man made or understood by men's minds.

You're just doing Jesus, ya know? What do you say to that?