Monday, September 17, 2007

Let the children come


Jenny and Sebastian have such sweet spirits. They have eaten with us on several occasions since they often show up as we are finishing up a meal or about to eat and they typically don't eat until really late. I've noticed that Jenny really enjoys it when we all pray for our meal. I don't think they have this tradition at her home, so when she comes over, if we haven't offered it, she demands that we all hold hands and pray together. Sometimes she wants to pray and other times, she just wants to agree with someone else's words.

AO1 learned a canned prayer from a video I was not all that crazy about, because it doesn't say much, but he loves to pray it and has gotten into the habit of adding his own personal thanks from things of the day. Today he added a thanks that we got to go on a walk and hear the high school band (as they rehearsed in the parking lot).

October is around the corner and the kids are already asking about costumes and if I'm going to put my "body" out. I had the idea one year to make a life sized Jesus risen from the dead as our Halloween front porch decoration. Jenny's friend remembered it and it lead to a sweet conversation about his death. Of course I tried to make Jesus look middle-Eastern and so kids mistook him for Osama bin Laden- oops!

1 comment:

Leanne Stewart said...

Osama bin Laden.

Priceless.