Friday, February 8, 2008

under the weather

I ran into Tiffany whose sister was murdered (Princess' friend) some 7 or 8 months ago. She says it's still so hard to deal with it and that the hardest part was that they hadn't even gone to court yet. I don't get it. A murder happens and they haven't even gone to court over half a year later? This is crazy. First of all, nothing will be fresh anymore- evidence wise. Second of all, this is a second brutality on the family- that they are just hanging, in limbo, with no resolution, justice or closure to the crime. I don't know a thing about the justice system, but this just doesn't seem right. Even for the boys next door, who got caught robbing cars, they still don't have a date set. How can they try to find a better path, never knowing when they will go to serve time, or if that will even happen, how long...?

On another note, half of the fair mother city is sick right now with the flu and our house is affected too. Agent B has been out of commission all week and A0#1 is running fever as I write. Sunday night, the kids and I stopped in on Frieda who was cooking up something. Vicky was there telling us about her upcoming doctor's appointment. She's 19 with liver problems. Of course, she says that her liver is shot because she had to take ibuprofen non stop when she broke her foot and "they" wouldn't do anything for it. A couple of days later, I stop over and find out that Frieda, Vicky and Jessie are all sick. The next day a firetruck and ambulance drive up. I wasn't sure who was going to come out. The kids and I had been dancing away and next door my neighbor was in distress. It turns out it was Frieda who was having problems breathing. She has bronchitis and is home now.

Big Buddy was at home freaking out because he knew Agent B was under the weather and thought the ambulance may have come for him. His greatest concern was that he wouldn't be able to get to the hospital to go see him. I'm glad those days are behind us, weeks on end of only getting to see Big Buddy in the hospital.

I don't like being sick or seeing anyone else sick. It's a good thing I never got into the health profession. Prayers for healing this way are appreciated.

No comments: