Thursday, January 18, 2007

Coerced


I was trying to lay low for several reasons, but I finally conceded to the gentle proddings of creating an agent wife blog. The reasons I hadn't wanted to play along were many, the biggest of which is that I don't want to glorify what I do and so gain credit, even if it's through stranger's comments (and some not so strange). But I have needed a vehicle by which I could sort through my thoughts, my calling, our journey along this surprising road we travel and also give glory to the CEO for all the miraculous and not as miraculous, but thrilling, stirring and loving, if not difficult ways, He has provided for and challenged us.

I do have a real blog, my gift of sharing our lives with family and friends from afar (yes, the rumors are true, I am an alien from strange lands). But as our lives tend to be controversial, upsetting, unsettling and a possible source of contention, I have refrained from being overtly open as to our spiritual journeying there. All of that to say, I'm not sure how often I will post here.

Agent b is very frank in his reports and likewise I want to be completely honest and transparent (as transparent as a secret identity can be). Transparency is not easy for me. I am a performer par excellence and am trying to let the CEO break me of that. However, another reason I have to add my two bits here is that Agent b has unwittingly falsified reports on occasion, nothing more drastic than the usual failings of shoddy male hearing, as in... I recount a story, or live through an event with a totally different rendering of the memory than he has. Or perhaps this was his subtle ploy to force me into this exposition-- you never know- the agent can be tricky.

I hope these accounts bring you encouragement and challenge you as I'm sure they will me. Welcome to my journey.

5 comments:

Agent B said...

I have great hearing. I turn my amp up to 11.

I love you.

Matthew said...

greets. =)

Donna G said...

another lurker of Agent B's but I will love hearing the "Rest of the Story" or as we women like to say "the truth" Ha!

Welcome aboard!

Deana said...

hello agent wife! looking forward to "the rest of the story" ha ha ha!

miller said...

daaaaaang,

the agent has a secret following! i wonder how thick the dossier on you really is b...

i can't wait to hear more from you AW, you always have cogent points to make!

peace