Saturday, February 24, 2007

O Woe is me!

A friend of mine posted this and it blew me away.



During the first half, I kept saying: "Lord, help her". During the second half, I kept saying: "Lord, help me".

I have such miniscule views, such limited insight, so many stilted perceptions, so much judgement. Help me Lord.

Here is an article on this amazing woman, with courage to explain her life to many of us who do not even deserve an explanation. But I am thankful that she showed me how little I comprehend.

How often have I judged others or thought lesser of them because they are older, "weaker", younger, mentally or physically "handicapped", less educated, more educated, or generally different from me? It makes me realize all the more how very precious every single one of us are in the eyes of the CEO. The Lover said He came for those who are sick, not those who are well. That is a good thing for me I suppose, because it seems every day I discover more and more how very ill I am.

No comments: